2020 GRAND MARSHALS
The Newport Beach Christmas Boat Parade is a historic and beloved tradition for locals and visitors alike, which is why each night boasts its own grand marshals. From sports all-stars and television celebrities, to local heroes, these marshals have been bestowed the honors as the represent the best of their fields and community spirit.
Although the Official Parade has been canceled this year, the brightest lights still deserving recognition are some of our local frontline heroes and representatives from local charities who make a difference every day that were selected as our Grand Marshals. A local charity will also be featured to draw awareness to important causes that impact our local community.
Newport Beach Fire Department
Captain Kevin Tiscareno, NBFD Firefighter of the Year was selected as one of our Grand Marshal heroes for the 112th Newport Beach Christmas Boat Parade. While the official parade is canceled, we are honored to celebrate Captain Tiscareno and all fire fighters, who work tirelessly to keep locals and visitors safe. The department’s holiday charity partner is the Ben Carlson Foundation and Scholarship, founded in the memory of Newport Beach Lifeguard Ben Carlson’s legacy.
Please go to https://www.bencarlsonfoundation.org/ to support water safety education and scholarships this season.
Past Grand Marshals have included…
- MICKEY MOUSE FROM THE DISNEYLAND® RESORT
- CHRISTINA ANSTEAD | Star of HGTV’s “Christina on the Coast” and “Flip or Flop
- ARTE MORENO | Owner of the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim
- ALBERT PUJOLS | First baseman for the Anaheim Angels
- VICKI GUNVALSON | Star of Bravo’s hit TV show, “The Real Housewives of Orange County”
- Comedic actress LESLIE MANN and MARK MCGRATH, actor, songwriter and lead singer for the band SUGAR RAY
- Business Person of the Year JIM WALKER | Citizen of the Year NANCY GARDNER
- Members of the U.S. WOMEN’S NATIONAL SOCCER TEAM
- Holiday Hometown Heroes | NEWPORT BEACH POLICE OFFICER OF THE YEAR, FIREFIGHTER OF THE YEAR, LIFEGUARDS OF THE YEAR and CIVILIAN OF THE YEAR
- CONTESTANTS from SEASON 8 OF “THE VOICE”
- TOURNAMENT OF ROSES ROYAL COURT MEMBERS